Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What a wonderful week!



Mom and I flew out to Tennessee last Wednesday to spend Thanksgiving with "Kevin & Co." We arrived home yesterday. It was such a wonderful week! I had such a great time with everyone - and dad was even able to join us Sunday night! We played games, laughed, went shopping, talked, went to church, changed diapers... haha. It was such a joy to meet my new baby niece Adalyn. She is beautiful just like her sister and her parents!

One of the highlights was definitely hanging out with Emery. I'm sure I can't even do her justice, but here are some"quotable quotes" from Emery this past week:

When Adalyn started crying in from the bedroom, Emery, in her highchair at the table, looked at her mom and said, "Would you go check on my baby please?"

After playing with her new remote control car from Papa Dennis: "Ok, I don't want to do it a-more again. I'm done now. Thank you."

When she didn't want to take a picture with Santa Claus at the riverwalk, we asked her why. Her response: "He smells like cheese."

"Mommy's pretty, and I'm beautiful!"

Multiple times throughout the week, for no apparent reason, and with no related context at all, I heard, "I not say someping, I just said, baby, baby, baby."

After an hour drive to Nashville, playing with her in the backseat the whole way, she very sincerely said, "Thank you for praying (playing) with me."

While mom and I were in the very back of the car, and Em in the middle row: "Um, Grandma and Kara, whatchya doin?" "We're just hanging out. What are you doing?" "Oh, I'm just hanging out in my car seat."

And when we told her she had lots of money (2 dollars and changed), she replied, "Thank you!"

...just to name a few.


I am most definitely thankful for my amazing family! I am truly blessed. Praise God! He is good!!

No comments: