Monday, February 23, 2009

Arkansas!

Dad and I took a trip to Arkansas this weekend to see my grandparents - Papaw and Marilyn.  It was wonderful!  So great to see them.  It's been a couple years already, so it was time to catch up.  We left on Thursday afternoon and got back last night, so we had about 3 days with them.  It was a quiet weekend, but a great one!  We went to Cracker Barrel three times (Friday, Sat, and Sunday).

  

That's sort of their "kitchen" - they always go there.  I love to see Papaw there - he's like a celebrity!  Everyone says, "Hi, Mr. Miller!" and gives him hugs.  I think it's good for him.  His health isn't real great, and he sure doesn't get around like he used to.  So I think Cracker Barrel is a good tradition.  We stopped by the little aquarium at a national park Visitor's Center on Saturday.  


On Sunday we drove up north to Appleton to see where Marilyn grew up.  I'm no photographer, but I had fun attempting some photography, primarily in the shed next to the house - a land mine of old treasures and photo ops...




(This is a hive built by dirt daubers - a new little tid bit of info I learned yesterday.)

No comments: