Saturday, February 14, 2009

nomad

So I'd say I've definitely gotten out of the habit of blogging.  I'm sure it's partly because our internet has been out at home for a while now.  But anyway... I've got some catching up to do!

Believe it or not, I'm on my way home right now.  I have some things to take care of, including my visa.  Unfortunately we haven't been able to figure things out here yet, and we said we'd give it a month after I got back from Iguassu Falls.  It all happened pretty quickly, deciding to come home this week and scheduling travel and everything.  So yesterday I spent the morning at work getting my things organized so I could bring with me what I need.  Had some lunch and then went home to pack my bags.  Long story short, things got pretty crazy, involving me in Sao Paulo, Philip in Campinas, and my mom in Albuquerque trying to find me a flight home.  I was booked to Chicago but didn't have a sure way to get from Chicago to Albuquerque until about 10pm last night (the time my flight was supposed to leave).  There was a mechanical issue with the plane, so the flight was delayed until noon today.  I'll arrive late enough in Chicago that I'll have to spend the night and catch a flight to Albuquerque in the morning.  Yay.  (sarcasm)  I'll be glad to finally get home!

1 comment:

sharilyn said...

i hope you HID YOUR SHARPIES!!!! :)