Monday, July 21, 2008

Long time

Wow, it's been quite a while since I've updated the blog...
It's been a while since I've done a lot of things...
By July 2, I had 20 people under my care, in a manner of speaking, in a country where 18 of those 20 people spoke none of the language, and the other two spoke it brokenly. That put me in pretty high demand. By July 9, 16 of the 20 were gone, and I was left with 4 16-year-old girls. The responsibility for which I shared with Philip and Corenne, especially considering the fact that 2 of them were their nieces. That sounds like a much lighter load, but somehow I think it wound up being just as tiring and time-consuming. Thankfully, I like what I do. Last week was camp with the kids - complete with soap soccer, a slip-n-slide, swimming, and team games. We were up at 7 every morning and home in time to get in bed by about midnight. Still equally tiring and time-consuming, not to mention the fact that I was going on 3 weeks of being out of the office, not checking my email, etc. Three of the four girls left on Saturday, which means I have one 16-year-old girl "under my care." I'm starting to feel the load lighten. It worked out that instead of her staying at my house, she's at the girls' ranch this week. So here I am, catching up on life a little bit. :0) And soon I will be catching up on sleep....

No comments: