Monday, May 18, 2009

"Going out with a bang"

This was my last weekend in Albuquerque... until August, anyway.  I'll be back in the States at the end of August for a good friend's wedding (yay!).  It's always nice to "go out with a bang," as they say, and I think I managed to do that.  

Friday night I hung out with some friends, mostly from church.  We went to my friend Ricky's house and had a little barbecue and played some games.  There were about 10 of us, and it couldn't have been better.  A great mix of people and a great time.  

I got to spend all day Saturday with dad and Kevin.  Jenn and Em started the day out with us but had to leave early because Em wasn't feeling well.  We went to Sandia National Lab's Family day and got to see some pretty cool stuff.  Security is very high at SNL (employee's can't even take their cell phones on campus), so it was a treat!  Kev, dad, and I went to a movie afterwards.  You should definitely see it, if you like action movies: Taken.

In the evening I went to a party for the Christian fraternity (KYX): The Stache Bash.  As I'm sure you can deduce from the pictures and name, the theme was mustaches.  Everyone was supposed to wear a mustache, although not quite everyone complied.  It made me very thankful I don't have a 'stache!  but it was fun while it lasted. :o)







After that, I went out with some Brazilian friends.  Fernanda just finished her master's at UNM, graduating yesterday.  And of course that calls for a celebration.  Brazil Night at one of the bars was just the place for it - samba, capoeira, and all!



Sunday was church in the morning, and nice, relaxing afternoon with Kev, Jenn, Em, and mom at home, and then church in the evening and to bed.  I was exhausted!  

I am trying to economize my time this week, so I worked from 5am-1pm today and will probably have a similar schedule the next couple days, so I can get as much done as possible.  The countdown to Thursday morning seems to be moving very quickly!

No comments: