Sunday, May 24, 2009

A long trip

As I told people before I left, I was super excited to come to Brazil but dreading the trip itself.  And rightly so... haha.  I got up at 4:45 on Thursday, was at the airport shortly after 6, my plane left at 8:40, and I arrived in Atlanta about 1:30 (Eastern time).  I had an 8-hour layover in the Atlanta airport, which is always fun (not.)  So I came up with a way to help pass the time. 

As soon as I arrived at the airport, I posted a message on my Facebook page for all to see: So here's the game: I have about 7 hours in the Atlanta airport until my plane leaves.  (9:20 pm eastern time).  Help me pass the time by leaving a comment which lists an item I must find and take a picture of while I'm here.  (you know, like a scavenger hunt)  Ready, set, GO!  

Within a minute or two, I had about 10 responses.  So I got my camera ready and set out on "The Great Atlanta Airport Scavenger Hunt," as I dubbed it.  I can't post all of the results in this blog, but I will share some highlights.  If you want to see the full results, you can visit Facebook

"an elephant of any size"

"a lady with three children" (the third one is in the stroller in the front..)

"a moose!"

"a he-mullet"

"a 'car' backpack"

No comments: