Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Dad's here!!!!!


My alarm went off at 5:30 yesterday morning.  The plan was to be out the door by 6:15, but of course it was closer to 6:30 when I actually left.  I ran to the bus stop, afraid I was going to miss my 7 o'clock bus to the Sao Paulo airport.  By the time I caught the bus and arrived at the bus station, it was 6:45.  I had time to buy my ticket, grab a bite for breakfast, and still sit for about 10 minutes before my bus was off.  Turns out, I planned poorly anyway.  I should have taken the 6am bus.  We got caught in traffic (in Sao Paulo, the third largest city in the world), and I didn't make it to the airport until about 9 - and hour after dad was supposed to arrive.  He had actually arrived early, so he had a nice long wait, but we did find each other!  More traffic on the way home meant it took us about 3 1/2 hours to get home (instead of the normal 1 1/2 it should take).  He's only been here a day and a half, and I feel like we've already done a ton!  A quick lunch yesterday, followed by the best ice cream in the world, some grocery shopping, unpacking (he brought some more of my stuff for me - felt like Christmas!), pizza (all-you-can-eat 40 flavors including corn, broccoli, stroganoff, filet mignon, french fry, chocolate, ice cream....).  This morning we went to the hippie fair and then walked around downtown.  Had pastels for lunch - another Brazilian treat.  Now we're taking it easy for a little bit and, weather permitting, will go to Taquaral soon.  

No comments: