Monday, October 13, 2008

good times

This weekend was great! Besides a bike ride on Saturday with Nayana and Hugo and making chocolate chip cookies (a batch which actually only produced about 9 or 12 cookies because Nayana accidentally set the bowl of dough down only a quarter of the way onto the counter and it flipped upside down onto the floor as a result - which really was ok with me because I wasn't planning on baking any more of the cookies anyway, since I had already been at it for about an hour and a half and still had 2/3 of the dough to bake) ... anyway, besides all that, I got a ton of reading done - which was spectacular! - and I drew a picture. I have been wanting to get back to drawing for a while now. It's been about 4 years since the last time I actually sat down to draw. It's not perfect by any means (as you can see below), but I like to think it's at least half way decent for being the first after a 4-year break. I swear it looks worse on the computer, but oh well...

2 comments:

Kevin said...

great drawing! I've abandoned the pencil in favor of the mouse.

sharilyn said...

wow! i so admire anyone who can draw! even my stick men look a bit poorly drawn! :) keep it up...it's a gift!