Saturday, October 18, 2008

what a day!

Really, I have to start with last night... definitely a cultural experience... Hugo, Nayana, and I went to a Bible study at church last night. It started at 10pm. Yes, 10pm. Which, "culturally translated," would be about 8pm for us. We started a little bit late, but regardless, it didn't get over until 12:30. But of course that's not too late for sandwiches and soda afterwards. And after that, some people went over to this girl's house to watch a movie. We didn't because, with no car, we had no way to get home. Anyway, we got home close to 1:30, and Nayana and I were going to watch Elf. I turned on my computer and decided to open photo booth... we laughed until we cried at the pictures we took! (I'll have to post them later because I'm not on my computer right now.) Neither of us lasted very long once we started the movie, but that was ok... we woke up at 10:30 this morning and started where we left off. When it was over at noon, we discussed whether we wanted to try to make it to hip hop class at 12:30 or not... by 12:10, we decided it was a go. So we jumped up, threw on some clothes and headed out. As we got around the corner, headed to the bus stop, our bus passed us. Thankfully I noticed and took off running, Nayana following close behind. I made it just in time to hit the side of the bus, and the driver stopped and opened the door for us. Phew! We made it to the studio about 2 minutes before class started! Class was crazy! We started learning some breakdancing moves, did some headstands, and more... It was great, but I'm going to be hurting tomorrow! Fast forwarding a little bit... we borrowed Corenne's car so we could go to the Extra store (Note to Dad: the fondue stand was gone!) and then run an errand for Corenne at Decathlon. On the way to Decathlon, I noticed some steam coming from under the hood of the car, and the check engine light kept turning on and off. We were almost there, so I decided to continue on. When we came back out to head home, the car wouldn't start! An hour and a half later, the tow truck came to take us home. (By the way, the car had just overheated and now turns on just fine - but we deemed it better not to drive it until it's been checked out.) When we got in the cab of the tow truck, the driver gave us both a pack of snacks and water, apologizing that the water wasn't still cold! I couldn't believe it! I told Nay and the truck drver I need to call a tow truck more often.. haha. We finally made it home, well after dark. It was quite a day! Hugo called and invited me over, so here I am... we had some dinner (at 10:20) and now we're watching a movie with his roommates. Tomorrow I plan to participate in a bike race... we'll see how that goes! :o)

No comments: