Saturday, November 22, 2008

the best time of the year



Christmas is on the way!  ... even if it is in the 80s and 90s every day and bound to get hotter.   (then again, this week has been really nice... sunny and warm during the day and very cool at night.  It's perfect!)  

Yesterday when I got home, there was a box in my "closet" (the laundry room).  I knew it was on the way, and I was so surprised and happy to see it had arrived!  Its contents included a couple cards (from mom and dad), some presents, stockings for me and both roommates, jelly bellies, and an advent calendar.  I was already planning on decorating the house for Christmas this weekend, but the box definitely closed the deal.  I waited for Nayana to get home, and we got busy putting up the tree, stockings, and lights.  It didn't take long, but it sure changed the feel of our little place!  I actually kind of want to invite someone over now. haha. 

On another note, I'll be performing with my dance class on Thursday.  I'm pretty excited!  We have our general rehearsal tomorrow, one more class on Tuesday, and the show's on Thursday!  I'll let you know how it goes...

1 comment:

Cortney said...

awww!! my host family just put up their christmas tree today too!!!
its beginning to look a lot like christmassss!! :)