Sunday, November 30, 2008

my debut




So Thursday was the big night... my big dancing debut!  It was sooo much fun!  The entire show went well.  Once I arrived, I jumped in with everyone else doing makeup, hair, etc.  Our instructor asked us to go out onstage so we could mark our places and run through it once.  So, like a good little girl, I went.  We were just standing around though, so I decided, "Forget this... I'm going to keep getting ready until we're actually needed out here."  And I was soooo glad I did!  I went backstage to the dressing room and my phone was ringing.  I could tell it must have been my mom, and when I answered, instead of "Hello," I got, "1...2...3.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!" from the whole gang!  It was so great!  :o)

I got a little bit nervous right before we went on - mostly excitement - but I just kept dancing and pretending like I wasn't nervous!  We got out on stage and gave it our all!  We were definitely one of the most upbeat groups - hip hop as opposed to ballet, salsa, tango, etc.   So we really got the crowd going.  I did mess up twice, but they were minor errors, and the feedback I got after the show (from Corenne and Vitor) was that they couldn't even tell!  I guess that's the way it usually goes. :o)  

I certainly am not great at hip hop... then again, I've only been doing it for about a month and a half... but it was fun!  And who knows, maybe this was just the first performance! :o)


2 comments:

sharilyn said...

congrats to you, ms hiphop! sounds like it was fun! you are far, far braver than i! :)

janelle said...

I think i found a new facebook pic for you! Btdub, you completely blend in with your fellow-dancers. Are you sure you aren't true Brazillian?