Friday, January 2, 2009

No Beach for Me

So the plan was to go to the beach today, but when the downpour of rain outside woke me up at 6 this morning, I began to rethink that idea. I looked at the forecast for the beach I was going to go to, and it's supposed to rain all weekend. Who knows if it actually will, but I decided it was more money and energy than I wanted to gamble on that. So here I am. And I have to say, I'm perfectly content. :o)

I went to the new supermarket that is right by my house after work... twice, actually. I stocked up on food and was sooo thankful for the 3-minute walk as opposed to the almost 20-minute walk I used to have. Then I realized I bought a wrong item, so I went back and got the right one. And some flowers. :o) 



Tiger lilies.. they're my favorite!!



Now it's time to put my new apron (handmade by mom) to use! :o) That's right... red and green chiles. In true New Mexico style. And yes, I'm making dinner at 8:30pm. In true Brazilian style.

p.s. I found flour tortillas in the new supermarket!!! I almost did a dance of joy right there on the pasta aisle!

1 comment:

sharilyn said...

SASSY!!! : ) you are one red-hot mamacita!!