Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On Sunday night, my throat started hurting for no apparent reason. Monday it was still hurting and I remembered I had brought some Emergenc-C with me from the states, so I started downing that on the hopes that it would solve my problem. No such luck. Yesterday I stayed home from work in the morning because I was completely drained, my throat still hurt, and both my head and neck were aching badly. I took some Tylenol cold, which helped, but seems to have lost its charm the 3 times I have taken it since then. Friends had been suggesting that I go to the doctor, but I figured that was more hassle than it was worth and opted to just hold out until it passed. Well, this morning I cracked. A liitle before 9 I left work to go to the urgent care. That was a great experience...

I waited for a little over an hour, as I watched I don't know how many people who came in after me get called. Finally, my name was called. I moved in to another waiting room and waited some more. Within about 10 minutes, the doctor called me in. Before she even asked what was wrong, she asked if I wanted a shot or medicine to take at home. (I opted for the medicine.) She then asked what was wrong. I told her my symptoms, and she asked me to open my mouth. She informed me my throat was inflamed, but there was no puss. Thanks, doc, I coulda told you that. Then she wrote me a prescription for an anti-inflammatory. I looked at her and asked, "Is that all?" she said yes, so I said, "no one's going to actually examine me or anything?" she looked at me, apparently irritated by my question, and said, "Didn't I just look at your throat?" "Well, yes, but that's it?" "Yeah... do you work?" I told her I did and she said, "You have to go back to work," handed me the papers and sent me on my way. I felt like a 14 year old caught trying to ditch school! Haha. So I filled my prescription on the way back to work. I'm sure hoping it helps and I didn't just waste an hour and a half of my time! Hey, at least the doctor visit was free.

1 comment:

sharilyn said...

i just spent 3 hrs in the dentist chair again (quite a bit of it waiting), so i feel your pain (and some additional face pain as well!)... will be praying for quick recovery. oh, and keep taking the emergen-C! i've used it for years and swear by it! it should help you kick the crud faster than without! : )