Sunday, January 11, 2009

An Update

I want to make sure to update you all. It's been a crazy past few days, and I've barely had time to stop and think!

I haven't heard anything on the apartment, and because of my visa issues, I'm just sort of laying low for right now. Iramaia never called me, which is an indicator that she's not itching to move into the one apartment together. Not necessarily a closed door, but it's not seeming as wide open as it seemed on Wednesday/Thursday. We'll see what happens.

As far as the visa goes, I've been going crazy trying to get all my documents together and plans set to go to Iguassu Falls. I will be going alone. At first, that made me a little bit sad, but I'm actually kind of excited now. I've never really traveled on my own, so it will be a new adventure and a different experience. I bought my bus ticket yesterday and will leave this evening at 5 (after church this morning and a barbecue with the girls from dance this afternoon). I booked two nights in a hostel. I will arrive in Iguassu tomorrow morning, check in to my hotel and go straight to the Consulate to apply for a new visa. I will take a day to see the Falls while I'm there, and my return will depend on what I find out at the Consulate. If I get my visa (Lord willing!), I will be back here on Wednesday or Thursday. If I don't, I will have to go back to the States. I may go directly from the Falls, but I assume I will use the 2 days I will have left on my visa to come home and pack adequately. :o)

Thank you for all your prayers! Keep them going!! God opens doors that no one can shut, so if He wants me here, everything will fall into place.

No comments: