Friday, December 26, 2008

An Aunty Christmas Eve

....not to be confused with an Anti Christmas Eve....

I got to be Aunt Kara (or "Nyanya," as Em still calls me) all day on Wednesday.  Both Jenn and Kevin had to be at the church for the Christmas Eve services all day, and Jenn had to run some errands before, so she brought Em over around 9:30 Wednesday morning.  We started the morning off with the last piece of "chawchit" from the advent calendar while we watched (Curious) "George."  We played, cleaned Aunt Kara's room ("nyanya messy room"), and had some lunch.  Then I gave Em a bath, after which she decided she wanted to cuddle, all wrapped up in her towel, for a little over an hour.  Every time I tried to get her dressed, she'd say "no! no! hug! hug!" - which is her way of saying "hold me!"  So I enjoyed my pretty little niece for an hour or so.  Then it was time for a nap.  Three hours later, she still wasn't up, and it was time to get ready and go to church.  She was beautiful in her Christmas dress - and it was the first thing she wanted to show mommy and daddy when we got to the church! 

No comments: