Monday, December 8, 2008

I love the beach!

I went to the beach this weekend. :o)  It was spectacular!  Maddie and Lydia (the two American girls that are here) met me at my place at 7am on Saturday, and we were off to the bus station.  Turned out the 7:30 bus was already full, so we caught the 9am bus to Praia Grande.  When we got there, we found a hotel - beautiful, clean, two rooms, four beds and a couch, full-size refrigerator - right off the beach.  We spent about US$32 each and were set, breakfast included.  Both Saturday and Sunday were beautiful and sunny.  It was a perfect weekend.  We even made it back in time for church Sunday evening!  It's funny to think that we were out on the beach in the hot sun this weekend when, if I were at home in Albuquerque, I would probably have been snowboarding or bundled up to stay out of the cold! 


On the way to Praia Grande there is a scheduled stop to stretch, go to the bathroom, get a bite to eat or whatever (it's a 4-hour drive to Praia Grande from Campinas).  The place we stopped (a truck stop, basically) was apparently having a North Pole convention - complete with multiple Santas, elves, and a Mrs. Claus (far right).  Mrs. Claus was a little crazy... the last thing I saw her do was stand in the first lane of traffic, pulling up her skirt to show a little leg as the cars passed... 


the view from the hotel 


me, Maddie, and Lydia! :o)

1 comment:

Kevin said...

It's so funny you're at the beach in a bikini! It's snowing here.