Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm back!

I made it home shortly before 2pm... about 26 hours after leaving the house yesterday morning. Whew. I'm glad to not be confined to a seat in an airplane, airport, or bus anymore! I got business class on the way down, so that was nice. I was a bit restless, though, so I'm pretty exhausted. But I guess I'll get over it in a week or so. :o)

Had a bit of a scare when I got here... At my first stop at customs, the lady scanned my passport and as she was handing it back to me said, "And you know you can only stay in the country for 13 days, right?" My jaw dropped, and I said, "You do mean 90, don't you?" She showed me on the screen where it said I could only stay for 13 days, and I told her that was ridiculous - I went home to get a new visa so I'd have 3 more months, and no one told me I would only have 13 days. She checked with some other agent, came back, and told me that 90 days was right, and I should have no problem. I had her make a note of that in the system and on my customs paper. I will follow up at the Federal Police next week to make sure I don't run into any problems. Ahhh visas... they're fun times!

My bags arrived no problem, but the handle broke on one as we were unloading the taxi. I knew its days were coming to an end...

It's time to attack the bags. The goal is to be unpacked and organized TONIGHT. Then I'll head to the church around the corner for the New Year service. Here we come, 2009! (I hope I can stay awake until then!)

1 comment:

sharilyn said...

happy happy new year to you, kara! i'm glad you were able to enjoy your fam for the holidays and that you are back safely! all the best to you in the year to come!! ~sharilyn