Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'll Be Home for Christmas

I love surprises!  Whether I'm the surpriser or the surprisee, I love them!!

A couple months ago, shortly after I had returned to Brazil, I found out I would have to return to the States in December to get a new visa.  At first, I didn't want to tell anyone in case it turned out I didn't have to come... wouldn't want to get anyone's hopes up and then trample on them!  Then I decided it would be great to keep it a secret... at least from Mom and Dad.  So that's exactly what I did!  By the time I got here Sunday at noon, very few people knew - about 3 friends, Kevin and Jenn, and that was it.  Kevin and Jenn were on their way home from a mission trip in Mexico, so Brandon picked me up from the airport and let me hide out at his place all day.  We went to church in the evening, and it was so great to see everyone - they were all surprised to see me too!  But not as surprised as my mom and dad were... I spent the night at Kevin and Jenn's on Sunday.  Kev, Em, and I got some Christmas shopping done on Monday, and then it was time to prepare for the big surprise Monday night.  

I'll let the video tell the rest... 




2 comments:

Kleber Pessoa said...

That was really FUN!! hahaha

loved it

Merry Christmas Kara!

stacy said...

kara, how fun!! it is nice that you get to be home for christmas! tell your mom that we said hi! you guys did a great job and the video is excellent!
mery christmas!!
stacy and ben