Saturday, December 27, 2008

nice try

So I get a call on my cell today from a restricted number... which is always kind of weird anyway.  But you just never know... it could be a friend from Brazil.  So I answered.  The guy rambled off a 30-second schpeel that I didn't quite understand.  By the time he came up for air, my head was spinning trying to figure out what the heck he just said.  So I said, "whoa, whoa, whoa, hold on.  What is this?  Who are you?  What's going on?"  He tried to convince that he was from Alltel, and I owed $14.95 from my last bill.  When I told him I had no way to pay that at the moment, but that I was down the street from Alltel and would go there to pay it, he said that if I hung up, my phone service would be disconnected.  He assured me he was just trying to save me the $80 reconnection fee I would have to pay if that happened.  Nice guy, huh?  Well, he didn't fool me.  There were a million reasons why his story didn't line up.  Not to mention the dog in the background didn't help....   Needless to say, I hung up.  ... and my phone is definitely not disconnected.   Nice try, buddy.  Now go find a real job. 

1 comment:

Kevin said...

He went to all that effort for $14.95? I love that he had a dog in the background!